Sunday, January 20, 2008

Pants Off Everywhere

Last week my mom tipped me off to this story on KSL news about a group of people planning to take their pants off on trax. It was part of Improv Everywhere (www.improveverywhere.com) which is based out of New York. I was first introduced to this group from This American Life on NPR. When I heard they were doing a nationwide stunt and Salt Lake was included I knew I had to be a part of it. So I put on my best boxers went downtown on Saturday afternoon (Jan 12th) to meet up with the other "agents". There were initially about 15 of us who received instructions but there ended up being many more who would participate. There were people there ranging from 12 to like 60 years old. I boarded trax with the rest of them and people proceeded to take off their pants. At first I was reluctant to take off my pants because the man across from me I believe was a undercover cop. He made the round trip with us from the Energy Solutions Arena to the court house stop and back. But none the less I took my pants off and read my magazine on that ride. It was a sunny day so it wasn't too bad to be just sporting my boxers. As we boarded the train back to the arena I noticed that there must have been anywhere from 30 to 40 of us. Even some good looking girls sported some panties, no thongs because that would be indecent. The media was on board making the trip with us . The media ranged from print to TV. I happen to make it on KTVX ABC 4 news (link provided). All in all I was happy to have made the trip and participated in this fun event. I would like to see more Improv Everywhere events here is Salt Lake City.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home