Wednesday, February 07, 2007

New Opportunities

Life in Salt Lake is different from that of Florida. The part of living in SL that I don’t care for much is that of the singles scene. That was one of the reasons I took myself to Florida. Salt Lake is just a big fish tank full of single clown fish. In Florida the fish banded together because there wasn’t much of us. I did come back to Utah for the seasons (which don’t exist in Florida), the snow, the mountains, and family.
I was able to DJ my first dance last week. It went well but not as many people showed up as I wanted to but its a start. I have more gigs in the coming month but I always want more.
I also work part time for a company that specializes in themed parties, special events and singing telegrams. I have already set out on a hand full of singing telegrams including Elvis, Eugene the Nerd, a Gorilla, and Harry Fairy. Its fun and easy money.
Utah is certainly a change from Florida but a necessary one. There are different opportunities I feel I can pursue. I have also gone back to doing improv for Comedy Sportz which I am excited to do. So once again I am looking to put more things on my plate to keep me busy. Thats it for now.

2 Comments:

At 7:10 AM, Blogger Hydro said...

Hooray for rob! He posted to his blog! Good to hear from you amigo. Hang tough, Utah can be lame, but it's home.

 
At 11:53 PM, Blogger D-Rock said...

Just make sure that what happened to Jane Wiedlin in "Clue" doesn't happen to you

http://www.cluedofan.com/movie/telegram.jpg

Da duh de duh da duh...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home